Our Sales reps often use the related lists to get 360 views of the customer portfolio. For example, In a Household, a financial advisor will look into related financial accounts to determine customers’ investment details.
Salesforce allows us to configure these related lists via Lightning App Builder. At the same time, these linked lists are static. For example, what if my sales rep only wants to see open quotes on opportunities under Quotes related list. Until the Sping’22 release, it was not possible with the following approach:
- Use Lightning Web Component to create a dynamic related list
- Use AppExchange App
With the Summer’22 release, salesforce makes it easier for us to make related lists dynamic by using Dynamic Related List – Single component.
Dynamic Related List – Single component has the following features which differentiate it from the static related list component:
- Define Related List Label
- Configure Number of Records to Display
- Show/hide List View Action Bar
- Define Related List Filters
- Configure Actions
- Set Component Visibility
As of the Summer’22 release, Dynamic Related List is only supported on Desktop. With Dynamic Form and Dynamic Action Bar, Salesforce adds game-changer features for its customers.
Let’s start with a real-time use case.
Sara Smith, a Salesforce Administrator, has received a requirement from her boss to adjust the Account page layout to do the following:
- Display Open Cases on Account
- and only show create New Case Action
Let’s Add a Dynamic Related List
This is a new addition to the salesforce app builder family and keeping yourself up to date with the latest and greatest information is key to delivering projects successfully.
- Click Setup.
- In the Object Manager, type Account, and select Account.
- Click on Lightning Record Pages and select Account Record Page.
- Click on the Edit.
- Drag and drop Dynamic Related List – Single under Related tab.
- Refer to the video for step-by-step instructions
7. Once you’re done Save and Activate.
Let’s see how it looks.
You are Done!!!
I would love to hear about your experience with the Dynamic Related list. How do you use it?